Monday, August 20, 2007

Mother can make a child to be a Hafiz of the Quran.

Yesterday, I talked with my husband about our children's future. We want them to be religious and be a Hafiz of the Quran. Then, he told me one family that there are six children and all of them are hafiz of the quran and recite the Quran very beautiful. They are all religious. Everybody want them to lead Taraweh prayer in the Masjid. One day my husband asked one of them that how they become a Hafiz of the Quran and their father teach them the Quran by himself as he is Qari. His father was really strict with them. That's why all of them become a Hafiz and so religious.

The hafiz replied my husband that it was not his father to make him and his brother become a Hafiz, but the mother. His mother beat all of them everyday because she wanted their children to memorize the Quran and recite what they already learn everyday. His mother was very strict and made all of her children become a good Muslim.

Then, my husband asked him, "Is you mother a Hafiz?"

The hafiz replied, "No. My mother forced all of us to memorize the quran and recite it everyday. And made us practice Islam. All goodness is for my mother. Nowaday, all of us enjoy the sweetness of Imaan."

May Allah reward her. Ameen.

After listening this story, I hope I will be like her and my children will enjoy the fruit of Islam and will be a Hafiz of the Quran.

4 comments:

Saffiyah said...

Al Hamddulilah they are all Hafiz. I would love for my children to be hafiz. But do you think "beat them everyday" is the way? I don't want to beat imaan into them I want them to know about the beauty of iman and most importantly the Rahma (MERCY) of Allah and how can I show that by beating them.

sana said...

If kids r obsinate so u can beat them bcos its not matter of only their betterment but for the betterment of akharat of kids n parents aswel

Haamilul Quraan said...

May Allah accept your efforts in wanting your children to be the best in Aakhirah however beating children is not the way out. Hitting children will cause hatred towards Quraan and this is worse. Hitting must be done only for matters which are fardh. In the case of hifdh, encouragement must be shown. It is only the children of the past whom benifeted from hiding but kids of this day an age will not. May Allah reward both my parents and ustaadh whom showed such positive and encouraging attitudes that memorizing of Quraan became a dream.

Unknown said...

Memorizing whole quran will not make you religious but implementing in your life with understanding. Hitting children to be hafiz is wrong and Propthet Peace be upon him would not like this idea.