Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Teach Children to Eat Halal Food

My small children are so innocent and they won't know what is halal or haraam. Eating halal or haraam food will effect on our body and mind. So, it is our duty to teach them eating only Halal food and prevent them from eating Haraam food.


Most of my neighbors are non- Muslims. They know that I can't eat haraam food or buy any food from non-Muslim's restaurant. One day some of my neighbors were eating watermelon and they asked me that my duaghter could eat their watermelon or not. In reply, " I am sorry. I don't let her eat anything from anyone because I want to teach her eating food or any snacks which are given by her parents only. This is for her safety because in our society the children are kidnapped everyday. When she has to go to school or meet any unknown people outside, she won't take any food or snacks from them."

One day one of my neighbor, a seller of juice drink, asked me that I can drink juice which was made from her or not, and she explained to me that she never used the juice maker or any pot mixing with haraam food. Then I told her, "I still can't drink eventhough you told me all of the juice process. I don't mean to disbelieve you, but I want to teach my chidren not to buy any food or drink from non-Muslim shop. We don't know other non-Muslim's juice shop will make juice like yours. To reduce my children's doubts, we don't buy and drink juice from non-Muslim."

By the way, I really want to teach my children not to take anything or any food from non-Muslims and unknown people. This will prevent my children from Haraam food and all kinds of shortcoming.

1 comment:

Tj Unknown said...

There is a new Blog about Halal / Haram issues be sure to check out
Eat Halal